Youth from diverse adivasi, dalit, and marginal farming communities are critical in visioning and determining a just future and sovereign ways of living. Yakshi organises popular education initiatives, for diverse youth, towards advancing Social Justice and Buen Vivir.
Through this initiative, youth :
- assert decolonized cultures and build critical perspectives on the forces that challenge their societies.
- reconnect to their knowledge systems through inter-generational learning
- actively involve in visioning their self-determined development for the future.
- engage with a diverse basket of skills such as growing food, using legislations, participatory video, art, poetry, media, theatre and music.
- strengthen leadership to organise their communities.
Key Activities :
Popular Education to build and strengthen Adivasi and Bahujan Youth as Community Organisers
Vithanam: Vithanam that translates to ‘seed’, is an initiative that brings together youth who begin an inquiry into their realities and explore questions around Social Justice, Democracy and Buen Vivir.
Molaka: Molaka or ‘sprout’ is an ongoing program for young leaders to strengthen their strategies and actions of organsing their communites towards Social Justice and Buen Vivir.
Solidarity Economy Initiatives : Young people who resist the pressures of becoming part of the exploited workforce are envisioning collective, local and ecological economic enterprises, to provide for themselves and their communities.